GED Preparation and Test
GED TEST PREPARATION BLENDED-ONLINE COURSE
Our free GED Test Preparation Blended-Online Course focuses on skills that help you study for the official GED Tests with instructional videos, practice lessons, and assessments in our computer lab or from the comfort of your home, 24 hours a day. You will have access to all subjects of the GED Test Prep On-line Course: Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA), Mathematics Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
Participation in this blended on-line course requires 3 hours of online study, including one hour weekly attendance on campus during one of our Learning Lab sessions:
- Mondays: 3:30pm - 6:30 pm
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: 8:30 am - 11:30 am
- July 22 - August 15, 2019. Classes begin September 3, 2019.
- September 23 - October 10, 2019. Classes begin October 30, 2019.
- December 9, 2019 - January 9, 2020. Classes begin January 29, 2020.
- February 24, 2020 - March 19, 2020. Classes begin April 15, 2020.
How to Register for the GED Test Preparation Online Course:
Jackie Kelly, South Bay Adult School GED Program Coordinator
GED TEST AND CERTIFICATION
There are four subject area tests needed to complete the GED. Each subject area test costs $35.00. Students who wish to register for GED Testing need to do the following:
- Go to www.GED.com
- Create a free MyGED account
- Start studying by attending the GED Test Preparation Blended-Online Course
- Take GED Ready - the official practice test
- Schedule your test(s)
The GED Testing program is a national test that has been used for over 65 years to measure and evaluate the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue higher education, obtain specific jobs, gain promotions, and achieve personal goals. A GED certificate is considered the equivalent of a high school diploma and is recognized throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. It is offered in both English and Spanish. Students with special needs can apply for accommodations in advance.
- The GED Exam is comprised of four separate tests: Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA), Mathematics Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies. To pass, you must receive a standard score of at least 145 on each of the four tests and an average standard score of 650 or higher.
- You Must pre-register at www.ged.com. The cost for each test is $35. The fee to retake a previously failed test is $15 per test. Credit card only.
- The fee includes the GED certificate. Examinees must be at least 18 years of age.
- All testing is at South Bay Adult School-Edison Center, 3401 Inglewood Ave., R.B., on Fridays from 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Photo ID is required.
- GED Test Questions? Call 1.877.392.6433