I am writing to you under truly unprecedented circumstances. As I am sure that you are all aware, because of the public health emergency from the COVID-19 virus, the South Bay Adult School will be closing its doors to students for the next four weeks. This has NEVER happened before and we want to make sure you know how we will proceed.
Firstly, learning will continue at the South Bay Adult School. The next several weeks will be different, but we will continue learning. I wanted to emphasize this so that you know that even though you won’t be coming to the school, teachers, and staff will be reaching out so that we can have classes in an online environment. We will be reaching out to you.
Per this notice, please be aware of the following:
- The South Bay Adult School will be closed to the public March 16th through April 10th. The school district will evaluate whether we will reopen at that time.
- All additional activities such as International Day and the El Camino Majors Fair are canceled through June.
- While the office will be closed for in-person visits, you will still be able to call and speak to someone during regular office hours.
- If you are currently enrolled in another SBAS program, such as High School Diploma or Career Pathways, your instructors from those programs will contact you with additional information regarding those programs.
- Please continue to monitor the SBAS Website for the latest information.
In closing, I know that many of you come to SBAS to improve your language skills and to be a better support for your own family. Please take the time to take care of yourself and those that are close to you. This is the first time that ANY of us has had to deal with a challenge such as this and your patience is appreciated as I am sure that we will make some missteps. However, know that together we can continue to learn and grow together.
Take care and stay healthy,
Drew Gamet, DirectorSouth Bay Adult School